History

Boston MAC

Boston Model Aero Club was founded on the 8th May 1948 and occupied the Boston Aerodrome (Boadsides) for over fifty years.


The 50th Anniversary was celebrated at this site on June 20th and 21st 1998 with a fly past from the Red Arrows followed by a display from a Spitfire from the Battle of Britain Memorial flight based at Coningsby.

 

 

Boston MAC

Due to the redevelopment of the Boardsides site, The club has had to relocate.
The club has secured a new flying site on Malt Kiln Farm at Holland Fen.

Many thanks to Boston Borough Council for a grant to help set up the new flying site.
The new flying site was officially opened on the 25th June 2000 by the councillor Mr R Leggot.

 

 


^ Back to Top